I tried to find this and just end up getting all kinds of articles that don't answer the question.
How can I make JIRA inform a user that something is already assigned?
Here's what happens:
- User (Bob) assigned a ticket to himself and begins working on it
- User (John) sees the ticket is opened because JIRA doesn't refresh the dashboard quick enough, so he assigns the ticket to himself
Now 2 people are spending time on something because neither of them know that they're both working on it or researching it.
How can I make it so something like this happens:
- User (Bob) assigned a ticket to himself and begins working on it
- User (John) sees the ticket is opened because JIRA doesn't refresh the dashboard quick enough, so he ATTEMPTS to assign it to himself, but instead gets a message stating 'this ticket is already assigned' or 'this ticket is already assigned, do you still want to assign it to yourself?'
Thanks a lot for your time.