Hi everyone! I hope you’re doing well.
In September this year, I completed two Atlassian certifications for Jira Data Center:
- Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Data Center (earned on 02/09/2025)
- Atlassian Certified in Managing Jira Projects for Data Center (earned on 11/09/2025)
I was already aware that these exams would eventually be retired due to the Jira Data Center end-of-life timeline, and I fully understand the reasons behind this transition.
While reviewing my public badges on the certification portal, I noticed that the word “Retired” appears directly in the badge title. Since these credentials remain valid until late 2027, I was a bit surprised to see this label displayed so prominently, even though the certifications are still active for those who earned them before retirement.
For reference, here are the public links to my badges, in case anyone wants to check how the label appears:
This made me wonder:
- Is this the expected behavior for all retired certifications, even when they are still valid for their holders?
- Have other members also noticed or been impacted by the way “Retired” appears on public badges?
- Is there any official guidance on how this label should be interpreted by employers or peers?
I’d really appreciate hearing about your experiences, as well as any insights from Community Leaders or members who have already gone through similar situations with retired certifications.
Thanks in advance for the discussion!
Marcelo