I have read the documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Commenting+on+an+Issue which seems to be pretty straigh forward regarding editing/deleting a comment. There are supposed to be little icons in the upper right hand corner when you hover over the comment (this is depicted in the 'Editing a comment' area with a screenshot).
I do no have these icons. I have searched all over the internet and I cannot figure this out.
First, I thought that I may not have "Delete own comments" or the "Delete all comments" permissions on the project. So I checked these values. I do have them set.
Next, I thought there may be some group to permission issue. So I used the 'Permission helper' and looked up my user, with a specific issue that had a comment on it, and I got a green check box with a messsage 'You have the "Delete Own Comments" permission!" but the icons still do not appear.
I am at a loss now. We have JIRA 6.0.1 installed and did upgrade from a 5.2 install.
Is there something else I can check or something I am missing?
Thanks for your help!