I would like to mark all components for searching and clear one component I would like to exclude. Can I achieve that without marking all components separately? It requires a lot of clicking to do it that way.
Click the first one to select it, go to the last one and shift-click it to select the whole lot, then go back to the one to de-select and ctrl-click it to deselect it.
Alternatively select the one you want to ignore and then switch to advanced searching and replace the IN clause with NOT IN. Eg...
image2015-12-28 23:29:54.png
becomes
image2015-12-28 23:30:23.png
in advanced view and then you simply add the word NOT as below
image2015-12-28 23:31:9.png
[Shift [click]] selects only the last one. I do not need to press [Ctrl] to mark items.
I know that; my question is about Basic search which I find more convenient and intuitive in general.
Hi @Christopher Yeleighton, The approach as described by @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] will work for the basic search method, my alternative was to use the basic search to the point where you want to remove the single component (or group of components). It is worthwhile getting to know the Advanced format as it provides greater functionality than you can achieve with the Basic search.
I have thought about that, however this particular query can be expressed as a basic search expression, except that it is troublesome to click it out.
It selects all of them for me - as long as I've selected the first item in the list already. In some browsers, you can also double-click to get all selections, then *de*select with ctrl again.
Is there some way to still achieve this? Get all checkboxes to be clicked with minimum clicks? On chrome I am not able to do this - Clicking the first check box and then shift+click last checkbox doesn't select all the checkboxes in between the list.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.