Yesterday Confluence 5.2.4 was available for download.
Today it is not? https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download
Withdrawn or perhaps a groundhog day?
It's because of a security issue:
I think I've seen this before, when a version contained a (security?) flaw that was spotted very shortly after release.
If it's a moderately serious fault and your download logs say only a handful of people have downloaded the release, it's probably better and easier to pull the release instead of leave people with it and have to rush a patch.I am completely guessing what Atlassian might have done here, but I know a couple of development organisations have done that, including one I worked for at the time. Also, if you have highly automated release processes, you can find trigger-happy people release things a little too early (yes, "continuous deployment", I am looking at you...)
As Joao mentioned, we discovered a critical bug in Confluence 5.2.4 related to page restrictions. Due to this bug, Confluence 5.2.4 is no longer available for download. You can find more information about this in the knowledge base article Joao linked to.
Thanks guys - an explanatory splash on the download page would save a lot of searching
Looking on the bright side - it does make my inadequate testing look more robust
A detailed description of this bug, please?
Wow... that's a pretty serious issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.