Subject: I created my Atlassian account by mistake — how do I delete it?
Hi Atlassian Community,
I hope someone can help me with this. I accidentally created an Atlassian account (for using Jira Service Management / other Atlassian Cloud services) that I didn’t intend to use. Since I won’t be using it and want to clean things up, I’d like to delete the account entirely.
Here’s a summary of my situation:
The account was created “by mistake” and I never used it (or used it only briefly).
I don’t have any subscriptions tied to it (or I believe I don’t).
I’d like to ensure all my personal data is removed and the account no longer exists in your system.
I checked the documentation:
It says I can go to id.atlassian.com → Account settings → Delete account.
It also notes that if the account is managed by an organization, I might not have rights to delete it myself.
And if the account was used as a “billing admin” or has active entitlements, that can block deletion. I saw other users mention similar issues.