Currently I have an automation in place where if anyone other than the assignee comments on a Resolved/Cancelled case, it will throw the case out of that status and into "Pending". I monitor these instances since email alerts do not go out once a case is closed out. It works great!
When resolving a case, we have instructed our group to only choose certain Resolution Types in the drop down so that we can use this data in monthly reporting. This allows us to get a better understanding on the type of resolutions and for certain ones, we can easily dig deeper to determine areas of opportunity.
We rolled this process out last year; however, many times people will fail to select the proper resolution type, resulting is those who monitor these to reach out to these individuals and ask that they properly update.
I am looking to set a new automation to where if someone selects any resolution type other than the 5 we have instructed they choose, then once closed/cancelled then the case would then be triggered back into "Pending". What is the best way to accomplish this?
For reference - I've attached an image of the current automation in place for when anyone other than the assignee comments on a closed/completed issue.
Thank you
-MT
