Hi everyone,
I’m trying to run a custom validation before saving a ConfiForms record — but since IFTTT rules trigger only after the record is created, I need a way to validate at the submission stage itself.
Scenario:
My form uses conditional visibility — some fields appear only based on earlier selections. I want to ensure that all visible fields are filled in before the form is saved. These fields can’t be marked as required, because they aren’t always shown.
What I tried:
- Created a “required” checkbox field to act as a JavaScript trigger
- Added custom JavaScript to check all visible fields and then submit the form using: find(':submit').click();
- However, this doesn’t record field values properly.
- The ConfiForms source code doesn’t define a direct field name or selector for the submit button
Looking for a reliable way to:
- Run a custom JavaScript validation before save, and
- Still ensure all field values are correctly recorded when the form is submitted.
Has anyone implemented something similar or found a workaround to hook into ConfiForms’ form submission event for custom validation?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or examples!