Hey everyone
I’ve been working on a small HR-focused web tool that helps automate salary and service-related calculations for employees. It’s a simple project, but I’m now trying to take it one step further by automating its deployment process using Bitbucket Pipelines and Docker.
Here’s my basic setup:
- Frontend + backend code in Bitbucket
- Dockerfile built and tested locally
- Using a cloud VPS for container deployment
What I want to achieve:
- Every push to the
main branch should build and deploy automatically. - Secrets and API keys should remain safe during deployment.
- I’d like to explore zero-downtime deployment options.
Has anyone here automated deployment for small utility or HR web apps using Pipelines? Would love to learn from your experience best practices, YAML config examples, or even common mistakes to avoid.
For reference, the tool I’m automating is similar to this salary automation tool that helps with employee service calculations.
Thanks in advance!