Does anyone know if you can change the default setting in Confluence 3.5 so that people do not have watches auto-added to pages that they create or edit? This will keep us from having every individual go uncheck this box manually.
Thanks,
Emily
The config lives in an XML file: <tt><confluence install>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/confluence-x.x.x.jar/preferences-default.xml</tt>.
You need to change the boolean value to false, thus:
<preference type="Boolean"> <name>confluence.prefs.watch.my.own.content</name> <value>false</value> </preference>
Then place it as <tt><confluence install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/preferences-default.xml</tt> and restart Confluence.
For more details on modifying jarred config files, please refer to this doc: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Editing+Files+within+JAR+Archives
I see that users can turn on/off via the instructions at
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Subscribing+to+Email+Notifications+of+Updates+to+Confluence+Content#SubscribingtoEmailNotificationsofUpdatestoConfluenceContent-TurningAutowatchOnorOff
It will be good to have this as configurable on the UI instead of the xml file.
Yeah, it would be nice to have it configurable via UI---we have a hosted instance so I can't modify jar files myself.
Hi Emily,
Please check out http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Subscribing+to+Email+Notifications+of+Updates+to+Confluence+Content#SubscribingtoEmailNotificationsofUpdatestoConfluenceContent-TurningAutowatchOnorOff
Here is a quick solution I put together to disable autowatch on particular pages. It is done by adding a macro to the content of a wiki page. http://jonverve.posterous.com/confluence-control-auto-watching-behavior
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.