I am trying to work out the best strategy for my clients to use for doing lightweight task management in Confluence. I thought that since we have the new Task features and Workbox in 4.3 that this would be a no-brainer. We would not need Ad Hoc Workflows, we can just use the new functionality.
Once again, I feel that the release of this new feature in Confluence is a bit half-baked and it doesn't actually do all the things you need it to do.
So, I'm now trying to work out which method is best.
- Tasks in Workbox (Conf 4.3)
- Tasklist Macro (I don't think this will stand up to comparison).
- Ad Hoc Workflow Add-on
- Will I also need the Reporting add-on (addional cost).
- Or can the Ad Hoc Canvas add-on do enough for reporting (as it has other cool features too).
So I have created a spreadsheet comparing all the features and I would love your help in adding to it. This spreadsheet is published online and editable by you.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArmEWnxyp7DvdERrOW1iUW4tTDNxRk5KZ0ZjLUNvTlE
Please help me compare all the features of these three Task Lists.