I’m trying to set up an automation where tasks in Jira are automatically created whenever someone adds a new page in Confluence. The idea is that each new Confluence page becomes a task in a specific Jira project with some metadata (title, author, date).
Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
Using Confluence + Jira Automation rules (but I couldn’t find a trigger for “New Page Created”)
Webhooks from Confluence to Jira (but I’m unsure how to format the JSON payload correctly)
Third-party add-ons like Automation for Jira and Unito (but some only support updates or crawling pages, not real-time creation)
Questions I have:
Is there a built-in “Page Created” trigger in Confluence Automation or Jira Automation?
What’s the best way to parse page metadata (title, author) from the webhook or REST API?
Has anyone built a flow like this already—sharing your rule setup or blueprint would be super helpful.
Any rate limit or permission issues you’ve faced when working with these inter-product automations?
Thanks in advance! Looking forward to your suggestions and best practices