I'd like to set up a custom field in Jira that uses the same markup syntax as the standard issue description.
Which one is it?
Use a "Free Text" field.
You then need to go into the "field configuration" for the project(s) and check that the field has the "wiki markup" renderer set, rather than "text".
Thanks, this was most helpful for my initial setup of JIRA. It should be like this by default.
Thank you, this was exactly what I needed!
In the newer versions of JIRA you must change the renderer in Field Configurations tab. It's still a Free Text Field (Unlimited), but you wont find a checkbox in the actual fields configurate or edit screen.
In the newest version of JIRA 6.4, I don't see a Free Text Field (Unlimited) , only Text Field Multiline. The Text Field Multiline does not have any of the JIRA markup included. Did they remove this or am I missing something?
Well, posting on a two year old question isn't really that useful - you're relying on the watchers to pick up, and things have changed in the last two years. Text field multi-line is the newer name for "free text field (unlimited)" and it does have wiki markup - check the field configuration for the renderer in use.
Thanks, I actually just posted it as a new question seconds before I got the notification you responded here.
@Michael Enright, can you provide a link to your question?
Thanks, this helped me out
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.