Hi,
I'm migrating JIRA projects from version 4 to version 6.1.7. Therefore I have two intermediate JIRAs: a version 5 and a version 6.1.7.
When I restored the backup xml in JIRA v5 and did the mappings, changes then I switched the database: simply changed the dbconfig.xml of JIRA v6 to the same database (db of JIRA v5). Then I logged in to JIRA v6 and everything was fine.
Now my problem is that tomorrow I do the real migration: again from start: backup from JIRA v4 -> restore in JIRA v5.
Right now the database of JIRA v5 is the database of JIRA v6 which is upgraded, so - as I guess - this database won't let the XML of JIRA v4 in.
What could I do now? If a create a new database scheme in MySQL and connect it to JIRA v5..what will happen? Can I login to JIRA 5?
Could you please help?
Thanks in advance,
Rumi