There is a feature request to implement realtime concurrent editing sessions in Confluence at : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8333
Doesn't seem to be any movement on it. Is realtime editing on the radar at all? To me this is one of the most glaring difference between Confluence and Google Docs, and would MASSIVELY improve the user experience. For instance, really only one person can take notes during a meeting. Would be marvelous for all meeting participants to be able to (truely) edit a document at the same time.
I didn't know what I was missing before I started using realtime concurrent editing. This would be a killer feature for me.
Check out the Keynote of Atlassian Summit 2014:
Coming in 2015: Realtime concurrent editing
Coming soon: Inline comments
So, stay patient...
I know! I am so excited! Can't come soon enough.
The order of this is incorrect. Coming 5.7: Inline comments Realtime editing: Coming _soon_ - I'm hopeful for 2015, but there is a high chance it might not be! The best way to stay updated is to watch this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8333
Yes it's on the radar. We are working on it, but it's a very difficult problem to solve given 1. Our deployment complexities (behind the firewall and Cloud) 2. Dealing with our "drafts" concept (which no other products have drafts + real time editing) 3. It's a lot of work! ;-) But we are keen to get it to you guys as soon as we can - we don't have a date for this this might arrive yet as it's very early stages. We keep track of this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8333
2015 is gone... Will 2016 be the year of concurrent editing?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.