Hello,
can I as JIRA administrator modify transition screen so users can attach file during transition? Is it possible to make this operation (attaching a file) compulsory per project or project component?
Leoš
Hi Leos,
The answer to both your questions is yes
For the first one, you should associate a screen during transition Associating a Screen with an Issue Operation and Configuring Workflow
For the second one you assign a validator in this transition that checks if a file is attached Advanced workflow configuration
Hope that helps
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it did not help. In our JIRA there is already "Resolve Issue Screen" configured. I have not known it before. Attachment field was added to the screen, however I cannot add an attachment on transition view yet. See attached picture with configuration of my screen. The configuration of screen works - when I a field on the screen, it can be seen at Resolve transition screen, when I remove a field from the screen, then it is not displayed at transition.
Have you tried your solution in your JIRA instance? Do you have any idea what is wrong? This is not an issue of permission, I have all privileges to add and delete attachments.
Does not work both in JIRA 6.4 and JIRA 7.0.5.
Resolve_Issue_Screen.PNG
Yes, I just tried in my instance (JIRA v7)
Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 12.35.32.png
As you can see the attachment field is there. Try see if the following links help you identify the reason why attachment is not there
System fields are not appearing on the screen and Configuring file attachments
Great! My Attachment field was hidden. Your link System fields are not appearing on the screen has helped me. Thank a lot!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.