OK, add me to the list of disgruntled developers over the RTE. I can not get the macros to do anything working outside of the macro dialog box (which is very slow and mouse dependent). I can not get anchor links to work. can not see what the hell im doing wrong and im getting really fed up. The vidoes on auto complete make like it magically converts text to the associated macro...not so for me. I can not feed any parameters into the typed text, else it just renders as the typewritten code...
The docs say I can just type in wiki markup and it will convert it...ie. tables, links etc, but not so
For instance,
if I type {content
I get the macro suggest box for content by label, fine, but if i want to just quickly add the label, i.e. {content by label | labels=test}, all i get is the unconverted wiki. same for links - if i want to start a link and include the text its supposed to display, therse no way for me to complete this without the box coming up. Also, i can not get the anchor for the current page to come up, even though i've tried 6 ways from sunday to have is show, - i can not search for anchors on a page...
really making me slam the mouse - i really get the frustration of wiki markup developers to have to use this RTE....and the best comment i heard from someone is how you used the markup not just for create mode, but for edit mode as well. I downloaded the source editor beta, but theres no indicator for how to use it, not obvious anyway, and im trying desperately to get some emergency docs finished and all i get is clunky program action.
and while im on the rant, where is the support? this is my third request on a third topic- and though others have viewed my questions, theres no answers - this isnt just a user forum, right? isnt this the official support method from Atlassian?
Help me please before my computer screen gets a mouse through it.
thanks