Greetings
Is there a way to specify null values to be ordered first or last in an ORDER BY clause in JQL?
I'm ordering by a custom field and null values are first by default it seems...
JIRA 6.4 (web version)
Cheers
JIRA returns null as first result because in meaning of comparison, null is lower than any another value.
I don't know if you want to order all null columns or only one.
If you are going to order only one, you can use null checkers like:
E.g.
reporter = abc and customfield_1 is not empty order by customfield_1 desc
This doesn't seem to order the nulls (empties), but rather excludes them.
This would be a useful feature. I want to order values for Sprint 1 first, followed by Sprint 2 and so on. So I want to order by Sprints in ascending order. But I also want to show issues not in any Sprint - but at the bottom. Jira seems unable to do this because there seems to be no JQL equivalent of the "nulls last" option in SQL.
It's frastrating to have this unfriendly sorting problem.
Please vote and watch the following issues if you have the same problem.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72847
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65848
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.