I know I’m a bit late to the party — but I finally finished the first Forge Quest.
Since I’ve been working with Forge for quite a while, I set myself a special challenge:
👉 Don’t write any code myself.
Instead, I let the Rovo Dev Agent in the Atlassian CLI do all the heavy lifting.
Why share this here?
You might think: “But this isn’t the Atlassian Developer Community…”
And you’re right.
Still, I believe admins and managers should also know about the advantages of using AI-powered tools for coding. Because the possibilities go far beyond “just writing code.”

Here are my key learnings 👇
👍 What worked really well

-
🔗 CLI integration: Forge CLI was included seamlessly.
-
🛠️ Flexibility: I could still use git and other terminal commands in parallel.
-
🔑 Scopes: When I added Jira API calls, the agent automatically updated the manifest with the required scopes.
-
🤝 Code improvements: It suggested meaningful improvements — and combining this with the Rovo PR Reviewer was a great match.

👀 Where it could improve
-
📝 Sometimes the agent did more than I asked for, e.g. extending commit messages or adding unnecessary code. But it was able to roll back changes once asked for.
-
📚 Some info was outdated — for example, it insisted that UI Kit can’t call Jira APIs, which is no longer true. But after a while I convinced it
🧭 My takeaway
I know these were relatively simple tasks that I could have written faster by hand. But the fact that the Dev Agent handled them so smoothly is impressive.
Next, I want to try this approach on more complex requirements and see how far it can go.
(By the way, I used the ChatGPT 5 model for this experiment.)

🤔 Over to you
Have you tried the Atlassian CLI with Rovo Dev Agents yet?
What’s your experience — and what use cases would you like to see supported?
Let’s exchange stories!