Each topic in my my publication space has an {excerpt} macro right at the top which contains the topic description. This is used in our indexing pages along with the topic title.
The issue is that when I export to PDF, the content within the macro is treated as H1, rather than body text. Since there is automatic demotion of the H1 page title because of the way the PDF renders hierarchy (something that I also find rather annoying), I wind up with an introductory paragraph that is rendered in larger type than the topic title.
I have tried various ways to fix this through CSS, but nothing seems to work, and when I inspect the HTML with Firebug, there doesn't seem to be any styling element around this content that I can manipulate with CSS. Is this a bug, or is there a way to fix this so I can output decent-looking PDFs?