Hi,
I am playing with a test build of Jira 5.2 (integrated with crowd 2.5).
I have a multi-select custom field with a value of 'foobar'
I have a group with users called 'foobar'
Based on this documentation (see link and snippet below), I was led to believe that a user could select the value from this multiselect field, and the corresponding group would be applied to the security scheme. Am I missing something? Right now, the security scheme applies, but blocks everyone from seeing the issue. I don't think the value of 'foobar' is matching the group name of 'foobar'. Any tips much appreciated!
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security
A security level's members may consist of:
Individual users
Groups
Project roles
Issue roles such as 'Reporter', 'Project Lead', and 'Current Assignee'
'Anyone' (eg. to allow anonymous access)
A (multi-)user picker custom field.
A (multi-)group picker custom field. This can either be an actual group picker custom field, or a (multi-)select-list whose values are group names.