Hey guys,
On Linux I didn't have many issues with stash. Other than my VM got strange after a while and I am not a Linux guru so I wanted to see if it would run the same/better under Windows. Unfortunately my setup is a small VM very minimal Windows install. Not much spare disk space on the VM. So I've been trying to point the Stash install to either a Linux based, NAS unit or a physical hard drive connected to the host system. Unfortunately I still have to provide authentication to that drive because I'm using VMWare Desktop on that system. Is there a way to authenticate or pass a username and password through with the path so I can gain R/W access to the volume with Stash? I'm not using a domain controller so I need to pass machinename\username like credentials.
So far I've tried mapping a network drive, using VMWare's built in Shared Folder's feature, as well as UNC direct connection. I also tried changing the service to run under the logged in user which some how ended up renaming my user profile on reboot. (Really strange. Not sure how this happened.)
So the main question here is can I pass credentials through to Tomcat or something so that the service will authenticate with the network share and allow me to write to it?
Thanks,
Phantomwalker