I set up a field configuration such that the "Issue Link" field is a required field for a specific type if issue. (What I'm trying to do is I created a "Test" type and I want to enforce that this issue type is linked to the Story(ies) it is testing).
I see that the drop down for Linked Issues is indeed requried. However the text field below it which lets you set the issue(s) is NOT required. There is always a default link type set, so in effect, you will have the Linked issue drop down type set (i.e. blocks, relates to etc), but it is not enforcing that you select an issue to link it to.
Is there a way to set both the Linked Issue drop down AND the issue field both to required? Or is there a way to check if that field is blank? There has to be a way to do that?
Thanks in advance.