I love Confluence's page versioning system, especially the ability to annotate what has changed whenever a new draft of the page is saved. I also love the ability to include content from other pages using, e.g., "excerpt include".
Regrettably these two systems don't seem to work well together. For example, suppose page A includes page B, and that page A is currently on version 1 (in its page history). Now suppose I make a change to page B. This will result in a (potentially unintended) change to version 1 of page A, a change that is not tracked in page A's "page history". Thus it seems that page A's content can change without those changes being reflected in its page history.
I'd prefer to ensure that the current version of page A remains static when changes to page B are made; and that changes to B be included in A only when a new version of A is saved. Is this possible?