I'm trying to add long links in the fields of hiperlink, however it's limited to 255 character. To avoid that, I'm trying to add the field type Long Text, but there's not this option in Jira Product Discovery.
How can I add?
Hi @Lucas de Alcantara Pedro,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
The way around this is to add a new global field that uses the Paragraph field type.
@Lucas de Alcantara Pedro - I have also run into this problem. The only option that I found is to use a URL Shortener, which isn't great, but it beens that when the link is clicked in the field it works.
I think I tried the workaround that Mikael is thinking of, but if I remember correctly links have to be copied out of the field and pasted into the address bar.
Really, the best solution here would be for the JPD team to remove the limit on characters in the Link field.
Paragraph fields will now by default use the Wiki style renderer so you can add clickable links in it, so the copy/paste should be a thing of the past.
How do you add a new global field?
I am facing the same issue when trying to use JPD to track roadmap details. For example, we'd like to include Opportunity, Note, and Product Goal fields within each "Idea". These tend to be longer that 255 characters, so we need a Paragraph field. However, my Jira/JPD admin is telling me that no such option exists in JPD. He's tried creating one, but can't get it exposed for our use. What are we missing?
Mikael Sandberg?
Mikael Sandberg
Hi @Lucas de Alcantara Pedro ,
There is a ticket created for this issue here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75440
From the ticket itself (URL Field should support more than 255 characters):
Suggestion
Other Workarounds
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.