Hi all,
Im having some troubles when users trying to login. They are suffering login problems intermittently (once a week or once a month). Often this is behaviour is shown when coming from a inactivity period, like Monday mornings.
As far as I can see the login problems are caused by a timeout between jira and ldap servers.
Our LDAP setup consist in 2 real servers ldap1.domain.com and ldap2.domain.com, behind a loadbalancer: lb.domain.com. I suspect that the LB is doing weird things, so ...
- If I configure Jira to use 2 user directories exactly configured but changing ldap1.domain.com for ldap2.domain.com, if a timeout occurs when contacting ldap1 ... will jira try to validate against ldap2? or this only occurs when the user doesn-t exists in the directory?
- Is there any setting to increase the ldap timeout?
Thanks!
PS: jira and confluence are installed in the same server and the problem occurs in both applications.
PS2: we use ldap to validate user-s passwords, but all the groups are setup in the internal directory. Is there any setting related to ldap syncing that can help me?