This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Editing the Site Welcome Message
We upgraded from 5.8 to 5.9.7 and were really looking forward to the new Dashboard design. I reset the Welcome Message template to default, but the overall page still doesn't look anything like the image that Atlassian advertised with the 5.9 release notes:
Dashboard-820px_Annotated_RN.png
Instead, it looks like this:
Dashboard_-_Macmillan_Confluence.png
Hi George,
The first time you viewed the dashboard you would have been presented with an option to switch back to the old dashboard. There was also a link in the bottom of the new sidebar to switch back. Chances are you've clicked one of these links.
You can get the new dashboard back by removing a dark feature in your site. See the 'recommended solution' section of this KB article How to reenable the new dashboard in Confluence 5.9
I have the same problem as George, and I didn't click any links to revert to the old dashboard. And no reference to simple.dashboard.disabled in my "Dark Features" page.
Upgraded from 5.6 -> 5.7 -> 5.8 -> 5.9.
There is no dark feature enabled on my site. That's the confusing part. I was never prompted to choose a dashboard look/feel after the upgrade was completed.
Exactly! I was never prompted to choose... and there is no dark feature enabled that can be turned off...
Something very strange is going on in that case. I think the best thing to do will be to raise a support request so an engineer can troubleshoot what is going on in your site. There may be a third party add-on or theme that is conflicting perhaps?
We don't have any Theme plugins or items that affect the dashboard. I've raised a ticket with our host (Clearvision). These are the plugins we run and everything says compatible up to 5.9.9
confluence_plugins.png
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.