Hello
Can you please tell me if there is a way to tell which pages in confluence use a particular plugin.
Thanks
Abe
Hi, Sarah wrote a blog on this earlier - http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/how-to-search-confluence-for-usage-of-a-macro/. It's a good read.
In particular, in Confluence 4.x you can do macroName:include* to search for all pages with the include macro.
Hello Harry
Thanks for the response.
Is there anything similar for 3.4.9?
Hi, for older versions of Confluence we have been using https://marketplace.atlassian.com/268. It's a bit slow but quite detailed.
This one is also good for older versions: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/162
Although called "search and replace", it can be used just to search in wiki markup.
Hallo Abe
The solution described in the blog post for 3.5 should work for 3.4.9 too, See near the bottom of the post: http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/how-to-search-confluence-for-usage-of-a-macro/.
In short: You can use the normal search, and enter the curly brackets and the macro name surrounded by double quotation marks, like this:
“{excerpt-include”
I hope this helps!
Cheers, Sarah
Hello,
In addition to Sarah's recommendation, I created a simple query that should show you which pages are using an specific macro:
select spaces.spacekey, content.contenttype, content.title, content.contentid, bodycontent.body from bodycontent, spaces, content where spaces.spaceid = content.spaceid and content.contentid = bodycontent.contentid and bodycontent.body like '%Macro%'
Hope it helps.
For 3.4.9 https://marketplace.atlassian.com/268 errored out for me.
Regarding "{macroname" search
Let us say I am searching for macro "{page" used by Documentation theme. It came back with several hits. I opened 1 of the pages and it just had the string "page" (without double quotes) on it. I clicked on edit button and expected to see macro {page} but no macro usage tag was present.
I am wondering if this search is correct?
or did I understood it wrong.
Please let me know.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.