(This has been solved. The problem was caused by a Microsoft ISA server on the corporate network. Switching to https solved this.)
Confluence pages do no render properly when connecting to a server I set up at home from my work computer. The Confluence server is clean install of version 5.4.2 64 bit and is running on an Ubuntu 12.04 64bit server hosted on my home internet connection. I access Confluence using a domain name through ChangeIP that I map to my current IP address for the server. I am running Confluence behind Apache using mod_proxy. I can access it with no problem from my home network and from the internet, but connecting to it from my work network causes the pages to be rendered incorrectly. Here is what the login screen looks like: http://i.imgur.com/2l4CrSw.png, and here is what Confluence Admin looks like: http://i.imgur.com/ylZMFSH.png. The problem seems to have something to do with our proxy server at work: if I run the same Confluence server on my work network, I can access it correctly from other computers on the work network as long at the proxy is bypassed. The proxy on our intranet is a Microsoft server. I have had this problem both with and without using Apache and mod_proxy on the Ubuntu server, and on Win32 & 64bit Confluence as well. The only thing I have been able to find in a Google search suggested turning off “Compress HTTP Responses” in Confluence when using mod_proxy, but that did not help. I did a search for publicly accessible Confluence servers and I do not get this error from most of them when I try to connect. The only server I found that had the same issue seemed to work correctly when the page was reloaded.