We have a JIRA server instance behind a firewall and have a specific ip:port open to allow HipChat to make callbacks to JIRA. However I can't find anywhere in the documentation where to add this ip:port to enable JIRA previews from HipChat? All the documentation says is "server must be publicly addressable", which it is, but doesn't denote where you have to enter that public address
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+with+HipChat
The address HipChat will use to reach JIRA is configured during the initial creation of the integration (In JIRA, Administration >> System >> HipChat Integration). That URL has to accept connections via HTTPS.
There should be an 'Advanced Settings' button through which you can enable/disable the issue preview function globally, or you can control it per project within each project's HipChat Integration administrative menu.
Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't see any option to specify an URL during the HipChat integration. I just deleted/re-added the integration to confirm it. There is only an "Install" and "Cancel" button
A screenshot would be most helpful @Inavero Purchasing
I believe JIRA's base URL is used when you create the integration to HipChat - there's no special URL designation that occurs. The following database query should pull up some details on how JIRA and HipChat talk to each other: SELECT CONNECT_DESCRIPTOR FROM AO_5FB9D7_AOHIP_CHAT_LINK; You might need to modify that query, depending on your DBMS.
JIRA's base URL is used to contact JIRA from HipChat. When we link JIRA to HipChat group we record the base url inside HipChat and next time HipChat needs to ping JIRA it will use that recorded URL. It seems like in your situation your new 'public url' is different from configured JIRA's base url in order to fix the situation you can:
I've done as you suggested but it doesn't work. It says always that it has LIMITED connectivity. We have our Jira installed on a private network and doing NAT 1:1 with a firewall we are exposing it with a public IP. To test it we have opened the firewall from any IP with any protocol or port, and we have see no packets coming from outside towards our Jira server. When I refresh the HipChat Integration window on Jira, what actually does to say is a LIMITED connectivity? I've even tried to write a real issue tag like TEST-123 to see it was working despide the LIMITED status, but I've seen no traffic at all coming to Jira. Any other suggestions?
Strange. We did have a case reported when a specific firewall configuration made JIRA report LIMITED connectivity but you could see it that case a 320 redirect wasn't handled correctly. It sounds like in your case JIRA doesn't get any incoming hipchat traffic. @Stefano Coletta , could you create a support ticket under https://support.atlassian.com and we will help you out.
Unfortunately the public ip our JIRA could be reached at is not where we want employees to access it from. The public IP would only be so HipChat could make API calls in/out to JIRA.
In my installation, the URLs in the CONNECT_DESCRIPTOR are all correct; they are the public URL, but JIRA still claims "LIMITED" access.
Is it possible to edit the preview that appears in Hip Chat? My development team is complaining that the notifications contain more information than they need and it is 'junking' up their Hip Chat rooms. I have already increased the number of filters used so as to limit the number of notifications they receive but short of creating a room for each developer (which is a bad idea) I am not sure what to do.
Hi Skipy, it is possible to edit what appears inside jira notifications if you configure notifications via transition post functions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.