Is it possible to re-order (usually alphabetically) project specific select values once they are in use? At present the only way I can see to do it is to delete by all removing entries from values that are not in order and then re-add each value in so they are alphabetical but I have situations where that is really not practical.
Which version of the plugin Project Specific Select Field are you using? Of what type is your custom field?
For Project Specific Select Field or Project Specific Multi Select fron version 2.x you can ask your JIRA admin to do alphabetical sorting of the values (go to configuration of custom field context and use alphabetical sorting there)
It is planned to provide the functionality also to project admins in a future release. See #33: Allow sorting of values on the Project Specific tab and #17: Allow Sorting of Values.
We are using version 2.0.3 currently, I am system admin and cannot see the ability to sort anywhere, would you be able to provide a screenshot?
Also you suggest we can change the type of custom field but I have not seen that as an option so everything is always a simple text field so is that in a later release or am I setting up fields in the wrong way?
Thank you.
If you custom field type is "Project Specific Select Field (simple)" then the option values should be ordered alphabetically by default. Can you attach a screenshot as an example of your problem?
To check custom field type follow "View custom fields" as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field.
image2014-12-2 13:54:34.png
image2014-12-2 13:58:52.png
Attached are the three screen shots of creating the field (nothing suggests I can say what type of field it is) and then looking at it and inserting data. I cannot see how it is sorted by default? If you could advise me on where to look I would be grateful, thank you.
image2014-12-2 14:0:43.png
You are using Project Specific Select Field (simple) - see headline of this screenshot. :-)
You are using Project Specific Select Field (simple) and option values should be ordered by option value by default. I am using ActiveObjects from Atlassian to get the data from the database, but looks like "order by" is not working very well in ActiveObject. What database are you using?
Its is mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.38, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3
I have released a new version 2.2.1, which should solve the problem. It is now ordered alphabetically (ignoring case) by default. Hope this helps. Cherrs Holger
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.