Hey Atlassian's!
I'm Mark Pousee, and I recently stumbled across something odd: a Confluence page I rely on daily just showed up flagged as archived, even though it’s still live and in use. I didn't archive it myself, and it’s still listed in the page tree, so I'm scratching my head!
Here’s what’s happening:
- The page shows the archived tag in the toolbar, but I can still edit and access it just fine.
- No one in my team reports initiating an archive we checked audit logs and there’s no action tied to it.
- Other pages in the same space are unaffected and active, so it doesn’t seem systemic.
- We’re on Confluence Cloud, and our admin confirms the space archive settings haven’t changed in months.
I’m wondering:
- Is this a known glitch or display mismatch in Cloud logging?
- Could it be a misaligned label or namespace that triggers automatic archiving?
- Has anyone seen this before and if so, what fixed it (e.g., re-tagging, cache refresh, contacting support)?
Would love to hear how other admins or power users have resolved these ghost archive tags without breaking the pages or workflows.
Big thanks in advance for any insights!
Mark Pousee