I am havining problems when upgrading Jira. I try to import a 9GB dump from Jira 4.1 and import it to jira 5.1.6. THe import process goes all fine, but after logging in to Jira, No issue can be found. Clicking on the project tab results in a stacktrace. Also, a lot of errors as shown below are printed in the logs.
This is the procedure I followed:
I have installed Jira 5.1.6 and connected it to a postgresql database
Copied the OSuser.xml file from Jira 4.1
Set the working directory
Change the minimum and maximum memory to 5G
I have imported a dump from Jira 4.1
Restarted Jira
Jira updated the DB Schema
Jira now has a lot of internal server errors and NullPointerExceptions
The dump appears to be fine, I have verified it with a XML verifier.
2012-10-16 13:45:28,763 http-8080-2 ERROR [500ErrorPage.jsp] Exception caught in 500 page java.lang.NullPointerException
com.google.common.collect.ComputationException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.google.common.collect.ComputingConcurrentHashMap$ComputingMapAdapter.get(ComputingConcurrentHashMap.java:397)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore$ProjectRoleActorsCache.get(CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore.java:190)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore.getProjectRoleActors(CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore.java:95)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.DefaultProjectRoleManager.getProjectRoleActors(DefaultProjectRoleManager.java:117)
at com.atlassian.jira.notification.type.ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.getProjectRoleActors(ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.java:217)
at com.atlassian.jira.notification.type.ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.hasPermission(ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.java:157)
at com.atlassian.jira.permission.DefaultPermissionSchemeManager.hasSchemePermission(DefaultPermissionSchemeManager.java:508)
2012-10-16 13:45:33,106 http-8080-5 ERROR localadmin 825x33x3 1jd3sou 10.39.8.96 /secure/Dashboard.jspa [atlassian.plugin.web.DefaultWebInterfaceManager] Could not evaluate condition 'com.atlassian.jira.wel
come.conditions.ShowWelcomeCondition@15bf382a' for descriptor: com.atlassian.jira.welcome.jira-welcome-plugin:show-welcome-screen-flag (Determines if the welcome screen will be shown for a user.)
com.google.common.collect.ComputationException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.google.common.collect.ComputingConcurrentHashMap$ComputingMapAdapter.get(ComputingConcurrentHashMap.java:397)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore$ProjectRoleActorsCache.get(CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore.java:190)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore.getProjectRoleActors(CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore.java:95)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.DefaultProjectRoleManager.getProjectRoleActors(DefaultProjectRoleManager.java:117)
2012-10-16 13:45:36,137 http-8080-2 ERROR localadmin 825x44x4 1jd3sou 10.39.8.96 /rest/gadget/1.0/issueTable/jql [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service
com.google.common.collect.ComputationException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.google.common.collect.ComputingConcurrentHashMap$ComputingMapAdapter.get(ComputingConcurrentHashMap.java:397)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore$ProjectRoleActorsCache.get(CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore.java:190)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore.getProjectRoleActors(CachingProjectRoleAndActorStore.java:95)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.DefaultProjectRoleManager.getProjectRoleActors(DefaultProjectRoleManager.java:117)
Any idea where I should start looking?