Hi,
Like many of us, I need to create test environments by clonning our production instance (testing upgrades, plugins, workflows...). This applies to all our Atlassina environments: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
Since this is a repetitive, quite boring task, I've created a script to do this. The script runs from the test enviroment and pulls the data from prod. These are roughly the steps I'm following:
- Stop JIRA/Confluence...
- rsync the home and installation folders. I do not need to change paths to home, etc since both environments structure is identical. Same applies to the DB, running in a local PostgreSQL with the same name.
- SQL Dump the production database and copy it to the test instance
- Import the database in the test instance
- Disable email notifications
All working fine up to this point, but there are a couple more things that I have to do manually and I'd like to automate:
- Change the sandbox Base URL
- Change the color schema, so it's obvious when you're logged into sandbox vs production
- Sort out the Application Links. Ideally, I'd like to have the JIRA sandbox linked to Confluence sandbox and so on, but as a minimum, I'd like to remove all the application links from the test instance.
- Probably worth replacing all the http://jira.domain.com occurences in the SQL dump wit http://jira-test.domain.com. Not 100% sure about this.
Any suggestions on the best way to achieve the last 4 points? My ideal would be to get a clone of all production instances in my test environment, including Application Links, URLs between, say Confluence and JIRA, etc.
Thanks
xabier