I would like to add external user to the existing issue so he can update created subtasks.
Hi @Piotr
Welcome to the community.
This user will need an account and a license and granted access to the project.
Contact you Jira administrator.
I had this issue last week, 2 things i did to give him access were, as Shalini says does he have browse project permissions, I gave him access to that, but he could then only see the project and not look into the issues themselves.
I found there was only 1 specific group which had full access rights to the project, to view, comment, move etc. so I added him to the group and problem solved.
Hope this helps,
Jeff
this user has an account, he is already assigned to another issue and he can updated subtasks. For another project we have another issue and he is also assigned to there but when he received link he can't see the issue and when I want to add him as a watcher there is information that this user don't have permission to view the issue.
@Piotr
Can you check if the user has Browse project permission to that project to which that issue belongs to? If yes, please check if there is any issue security in place and the issue has issue security level configured.
I think my issue is related to Security level. I need to add them to some specific group.
@Piotr I looked in the permissions area for which group had the rights to browse projects, then went to user management -> groups, searched for the group, added my external user there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.