I am working with JIRA Server and the latest version of Portfolio (2.x) and a Kanban board. I have already read the blog post from August 2016 about using Portfolio with a Kanban board, and it was not detailed enough to help me.
- I have 1 epic for this particular project; about 35 stories and over 100 issues, most of which are tied to the stories by dependencies (tasks block the story item).
- We're using tasks rather than issues.
- I am using story points, and each task has an assigned value.
- I don't know whether I should be assigning story points to the stories themselves; I intend to have the task story values roll up to indicate progress on the story as a whole.
- I have 6 swimlanes in my Kanban board: 2 correspond to the To Do status, 2 for In Progress, and 2 for Done.
- I have a team with different skills, but adding skills did not help. I've tried that twice.
- I have added "releases" to try to get this to work; the Portfolio plan insisted on a sprint length, and the blog post said to use 1 week.
I cannot figure out how to get the Portfolio backlog to reflect the progress on the Story based on the status of the corresponding tasks. I am convinced that I am missing inputs, but I'm at a loss as to what I have missed. The boss wants percent complete, and I'm about to ask her to spend $1800 on JIRA server software, so I have got to get this to work.
Help!
Toolie