Hello,
I'm unable to access my Jira account and need clarification on the recovery process for organization-managed accounts.
My situation:
- I cannot log into my Jira account (mycompany.atlassian.net)
- I have lost my 2FA authentication codes (saved in iPhone Passwords but can't find them)
- I have lost my 24-character emergency recovery key
- When trying to log in, I'm redirected to a user-access page with a long URL containing join/user-access parameters
My questions:
- Is my account managed by an organization? (Based on the mycompany.atlassian.net domain)
- If it's organization-managed, can I use the 24-hour email recovery process, or do I need to contact my organization admin only?
- Can my IT colleague who originally gave me access reset my 2FA settings?
- Will resetting 2FA affect my existing tickets, projects, and account data?
I want to make sure I follow the correct recovery process for my account type.
Thank you for your assistance.