I've been working this issue for many hours now so would love some tips and help.
I have MySQL installed and have been trying to complete the Confluence installation for far too long now. Every time I put in the DB username/pass I get a timeout on the page and an error with reaching the server. I then have to re-start Confluence to get the start up pages back up to try again after some more resarch.
The tables in the database get created, but I still get the following errors in the atlassian-confluence.log:
2013-07-29 17:52:13,864 WARN [http-8090-1] [org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate] findDefaultEditor PropertyEditor [com.sun.beans.editors.EnumEditor] found through deprecated global PropertyEditorManager fallback - consider using a more isolated form of registration, e.g. on the BeanWrapper/BeanFactory!
-- referer: http://54.213.67.250:8090/setup/setupstandarddb.action | url: /setup/setupstandarddb.action | userName: anonymous | action: setupstandarddb
2013-07-29 17:52:27,643 INFO [http-8090-1] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Root WebApplicationContext: initialization completed in 47232 ms
2013-07-29 17:52:31,632 WARN [http-8090-1] [atlassian.confluence.setup.DefaultHibernateConfigurator] executeAdditionalSql Error executing SQL during schema changes: drop table CONTENTLOCK, StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [drop table CONTENTLOCK]; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown table 'CONTENTLOCK'
-- referer: http://54.213.67.250:8090/setup/setupstandarddb.action | url: /setup/setupstandarddb.action | userName: anonymous | action: setupstandarddb
2013-07-29 17:52:46,111 INFO [http-8090-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] shutdown Shutting down the plugin system
2013-07-29 17:52:46,268 INFO [http-8090-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] init Initialising the plugin system
2013-07-29 17:53:35,114 WARN [Spring executor 9] [org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate] findDefaultEditor PropertyEditor [com.sun.beans.editors.EnumEditor] found through deprecated global PropertyEditorManager fallback - consider using a more isolated form of registration, e.g. on the BeanWrapper/BeanFactory!
-- referer: http://54.213.67.250:8090/setup/setupstandarddb.action | url: /setup/setupstandarddb.action | userName: anonymous | action: setupstandarddb
All other logs have show that things seem to be working. At this point the page fails and the server fails. I have to restart Confluence just to try again. Does anyone have any clue as to what is causing this and a way to fix it? ANY help would be beyond appreciated.