We have resource boards that have a lot of labels.
One or two boards in particular have been getting the limit warning at 900, and I've fixed this intermittently by deleting a few that caught my attention.
Label management IMO has been somewhat lacking I feel, so it's incredibly difficult to get a good view of what's there (look up similar labels, doubles, typos, low usage etc.)--and streamline all this across boards.
I've tried clicking and scrolling through the little label popup, filtering, views, but that all turns out to be very cumbersome.
So I'm at a point where I'm going to download the CSVs and do a manual filter and cleanup in a spreadsheet so I can go back to the board and manually fix.
- Is there anyone who's encountered this and come up with a better solution?
- Are any of the dozen powerups I found useful for this chore?
- Is there any Atlassian product that could handle this?
We have at least five of these label-heavy boards and I'm going to have to find a way to combine those in my table and create myself some kind of tool, and I'm now looking at Airtable for this.
Any ideas?
PS For those interested: we're a literary non-profit and our resource boards are catalogues of excerpts; five boards cover a broad theme and each has about five lists for sub-themes. We use labels there as static keywords rather than actionable todos--10 years ago this seemed like a brilliant idea; also, I don't think this label count will keep growing after all this time because at some point categorisation does end, so we do want to stay with Atlassian but clean things up.