I have been trying to play with adding this custom field for hours and have gotten nowhere. I added the custom field but it doesn't show up on any of my screens. Please help!!
This was fixed with the following bug fix: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMCF-79
Hi Ryan
There is a documentation here that might help:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Specifying+Field+Behaviour
You need to associate the field with a screen and check which type of issues you associated it with.
Cheers
Ricardo Carracedo.
What do you mean by "transition date/time" field?
Standard custom fields include a date/time, but they are for entering data into (and won't be displayed until you have put data in)
So I'm guessing you have a plugin providing this somehow? Unless I've missed something in the core of course. If it is a plugin that you've just added, and it's providing a "derived" field, it's possible that it needs indexing before it will display anything for you.
I've got other thoughts, but I need to stop before I ramble further - it all depends on what type of field you are adding and how it's being implemented.
Hi Ricardo,
I actually already associated the field with several screens and several issue types... also re-indexed everytime I changed something.
Hi Nic,
This is a custom field from the Jira Misc Custom Fields plugin.
I've gone through all the directions specified here: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMCF/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields#JIRAMiscCustomFields-transitiondatefield
I also re-indexed everytime I tried changing something, but I never got this field to show up on any screens that I attached it to... including the default screens.
Thanks,
Ryan
Ok. So, what screen have you added it to? Have you checked that this screen is definitely the one in use for issue VIEW in this project?
Now we know which type of field it is, and the config is quite complex and text-based, could you post the exact config you have placed for it
Here is the creation of the custom field screen.... more shots to come
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.