In JIRA I can create a velocity report
(Instruction: https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/using-a-board/using-reports/viewing-the-velocity-chart)
I want to incorporate this report in a confluence page
I could not found any info yet about this subject
Please help
Hi Djung,
It is possible to build the same chart in confluence using those macros:
In JIRA Issues enter jql for issue you are interested, set fields Resolution and Sprint to display.
Wrap JIRA Issues macro with Pivot Table, set Sprint column in Row Labels parameter and Resolution in Column Labels parameter.
Wrap Pivot Table macro with Chart from Table macro, choose Column chart type, set Count Fixed and Count Unresolved in Values Column parameter.
That's it! Hope I could help you.
This seems like a amazing workaround that can get really close to what I need to put out (Velocity metrics on Confluence). I followed through the steps described but stuck at the final step. When I try to generate the chart, the options that I am getting to choose are only "Count" and "Count Done" which both seem to be same value. Am I missing something?
I'm not as impressed with this workaround. Velocity is among the most important metrics any Agile team measures. Two Atlassian products being unable to display this basic information without paying for the Table Filter and Charts plugin is shameful, like hosting a pool party but requiring guests to bring their own water.
Yeah, agree with you. Velocity is a very basic thing in jira, but it's hard to insert it into confluence page. Shame.
Although my response may not be ideal to the original request (and almost a year later), I have been able to incorporate velocity calculations in Google Sheets which our teams collaboratively use in our Org. We then also via Hyperlink, view the Sprint Reports in JIRA for each sprint (I took them out in this example). The following formulas are how we're calculating capacity:
This sheet (with formulas) allows us to view velocity Sprint to Sprint (right from the JIRA Velocity Report, which is inputted manually for the time being), and on the right, Metrics are calculated using Google Sheet formulas, including percentage calculations (which are updated automatically as a new row is created) along with some other validation and conditional formatting I did not include on this update.
Maybe this can help you for the time being? We have a direct URL to this sheet from our JIRA projects which simplifies accessibility for us.
How do i create a velocity gadget I am completely lost, i can see a velocity report but it doesn't have a gadget
Hi Michael,
Here is an example how to create the velocity chart in Confluence using the Table Filter and Charts app. Find more examples here.
Need to be able to do this using native Cloud-based JIRA/Confluence gadgets, etc. My firm isn't buying add-ons.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.