I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of migrating the between back-end databases.
I'm attempting to migrate away from our ageing Oracle 9i database to mySQL 5.5.x. I've followed the instructions on the atlassian website (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Migrate+to+Another+Database) and used method #2 (as my attachments folder is ~1.4GB).
The migration works (at least it doesn't throw errors during the process), but when i log in and look at the installed plugins all i see is what i suspect is a default set of plugins belonging to a new installation, all my manually installed plugins (like SQL Plugin, Page Information Tools, etc, etc ) are missing. As a result pages using these plugins show "unknown macro" in place of expected functionality.
If I revert back to the previous Oracle database configuration (confluence.cfg.xml) and restart, all the missing plugins return and are functional.
I can only assume the plugins/associated configurations are stored in full/part in the database. I'm beginning to wonder weather I'm missing a step during my database migration and/or whether plugins need to be dealt with in another manner
FYI. I have the confluence db (in MySQL 5.5) created as outlined below (it did occur to me whether DB character-set / language is influence this).
CREATE DATABASE confluencedb CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;
Any pointers / advice would be most welcome.
Gavin.