My Elastic Bamboo instances never transition from 'Pending'. What then happens is that the auto balancer kills the instance and restarts it every ~10 minutes or so! Where can I find the logs to diagnose this problem? I have pasted some of my logs at the bottom of this post but they provide zero information to help with solving this problem. Where can I find more useful logs or how can I work out what the problem is?
I have the following simple instance startup script in my Elastic Image configuration:
sudo yum install -y php-mysql
sudo yum install -y php-mysqli
sudo yum install -y php-pdo
sudo yum install -y php-pecl-xdebug
I originally had more commands in the instance startup script but removed them to try and resolve this problem.
The AMI ID of my Elastic Image is ami-430a452a. The name of the Elastic Image is "Amazon Linux: Default Image S3 x86_64 (linux) (stock image)".
Here is all that I get in the logs:
2013-11-10 02:19:19,855 INFO [main] [AgentContext] Bootstrap Type: 'ELASTIC'
2013-11-10 02:19:19,963 INFO [Thread-2] [RemoteAgent] com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.elastic.client.ElasticAgent starting.
2013-11-10 02:19:20,231 INFO [Thread-2] [RemoteAgentHomeLocatorForBootstrap] Agent home located at '/home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home'
2013-11-10 02:19:20,239 INFO [Thread-2] [RemoteAgent] Starting Bamboo Remote Agent...
2013-11-10 02:19:20,240 INFO [Thread-2] [RemoteAgent] Starting application context...
2013-11-10 02:19:22,326 WARN [Thread-2] [PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer] Could not load properties from class path resource [bamboo-init.properties]: class path resource [bamboo-init.properties] cannot be opened because it does not exist
2013-11-10 02:19:22,367 INFO [Thread-2] [RemoteAgentHomeLocatorForBootstrap] Agent home located at '/home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home'
2013-11-10 02:19:22,368 INFO [Thread-2] [RemoteAgentHomeDirectoryLayout] Plugin directory: /home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/plugins
2013-11-10 02:19:22,368 INFO [Thread-2] [RemoteAgentHomeDirectoryLayout] Plugin cache directory: /home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/caches/plugins
2013-11-10 02:19:22,410 WARN [Thread-2] [AgentConfiguration] Configuration file does not exist. Creating File: bamboo-agent.cfg.xml
2013-11-10 02:19:22,524 INFO [Thread-2] [AgentUuidInitializer] Found agent UUID '3d1fc27e-c6c9-4805-a4b9-c295097134cd' in temporary UUID file '/home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/uuid-temp.properties'
2013-11-10 02:19:22,524 INFO [Thread-2] [AgentConfiguration] Setting UUID in main config file to '3d1fc27e-c6c9-4805-a4b9-c295097134cd'
2013-11-10 02:19:22,580 INFO [Thread-2] [BambooActiveMQConnectionFactory] Setting broker URL to 'failover:(tcp://localhost:4527?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?maxReconnectAttempts=10&initialReconnectDelay=15000'
2013-11-10 02:19:22,728 INFO [Thread-2] [BambooActiveMQConnectionFactory] Setting broker URL to 'failover:(tcp://localhost:4527?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?maxReconnectAttempts=10&initialReconnectDelay=15000'
2013-11-10 02:19:23,121 INFO [tunnellogger-thread] [LocalAcceptor] [tunnelserver:26224-1-thread-3] Accepted a local connection on port 4527, tunnel age: 7s
2013-11-10 02:19:33,141 WARN [Thread-2] [FailoverTransport] Transport (tcp://127.0.0.1:4527) failed, reason: java.io.IOException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did not send his wire format., attempting to automatically reconnect
2013-11-10 02:19:48,142 INFO [tunnellogger-thread] [LocalAcceptor] [tunnelserver:26224-1-thread-4] Accepted a local connection on port 4527, tunnel age: 24s
2013-11-10 02:20:43,093 INFO [tunnellogger-thread] [LocalAcceptor] [tunnelserver:26224-1-thread-3] Accepted a local connection on port 4527, tunnel age: 54s