[Updates in comment]
Ten years into Trello but now I'm confused.
Since it's here, I'm trying the new Planner (w/Inbox) and I might find some use for them. I created a specific To-do board to collect and test. [<--This isn't working out really...]
What confuses me though is:
- adding a due date to a card on my (To-do/any) board does not reflect in the Planner
- adding a "Focus" (?) item in the Planner does not add that to my board
- dragging a Focus item from the Planner to a list isn't possible
- reversely: dragging a card to the Planner works, but
- if the card had a due date, it disregards that
- if the card did not have a due date, it does not copy the Planner date as due on the card
I suppose that's all expected behaviour?
I've also...
- enabled my Trello calendar URL and imported it into GCal. That now shows up there;
- and to get GCal items into my Planner, I've also enabled that integration
I'm currently still struggling to discern between
- creating an event in GCal,
- creating an Inbox item,
- dragging that into the planner or not,
- creating a card,
- and dragging that into the planner or not,
- adding a Focus to the planner... [??]
And then there's my board's calendar view...
That shows cards with a due date, but not items in the Planner, whether
- a created Focus
- a dragged card
- and obviously not a GCal read-only item.
I've watched Trello's Tour video but I'm not too sure I'm doing this right.
It all seems very complicated, and currently I'm not seeing how this improves anything--for me at least. I'm no doubt missing some practical use case or still have to achieve a deeper understanding.
I've not even started looking at Atlas or Confluence; does any of this show up there?
Oh, and what about the Power-Up? I think I used to have that enabled once, but did it get integrated in Trello a couple years back? Would it still do something for me today, on Premium? The Power-Up seems to be mainly for Free (or Standard?) plans and it's gotten less features even there. With Premium I don't see why I'd need it...
It sure is "figuring things out time" now.
Would love to hear new ideas and how people have changed or expanded their planning workflow now.