I've read the workarounds in terms of archiving JIRA projects and issue types, but I haven't been able to find a solution for archiving custom fields, old workflows, statuses, and resolutions.
We have a lot of content in our custom fields - many of which are too specifically named to keep. I'd like to be able to keep the content, but remove the fields from the options on screens, in projects, etc. Simply removing the field will remove all the content associated with the field, but removing the field from screens means that every new screen that is made, the field will need to be hidden every time - and hiding all the fields when you have over 200 fields is painstaking.
We also have a lot of old workflows, statuses, and resolutions that are no longer used, or we're trying to remove. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove these workflows and statuses? I'd prefer not to migrate all the statuses for over 100k issues and lose the data, but I haven't found an elegant solution yet.
Looking for any and all suggestions as to how others are handling archiving in JIRA.
Thanks!