Does Rovo Dev work with Proxy's?
Just installing and trying to get working and just getting error messages.
Any plans to get working with Proxy's?
Is anyone from Atlassian reading these and responding?
Appreciate it's a Beta, but would have hoped that there would be Atlassian people monitoring the discussions and providing feedback, cheers!
Hey @Andrew McMorris
I have to apologise you're getting a late reply!
I was out on leave for 3 weeks and I normally look out for questions in here!
To answer your question!
Rovo Dev CLI can work in environments with HTTP/HTTPS proxies, but some additional configuration may be required.
Proxy Support: Rovo Dev CLI relies on your system or environment proxy settings. You may need to set environment variables like HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, and NO_PROXY for it to connect properly through your proxy.
HTTP_PROXY
HTTPS_PROXY
NO_PROXY
Common Issues: If you're seeing error messages, it could be due to missing or incorrect proxy configuration, or your proxy requiring authentication.
Plans for Improvement: The team is aware that proxy support is important and is working to improve compatibility and documentation for proxy environments.
What you can try:
Set the appropriate proxy environment variables before running the CLI:
<span data-testid="renderer-code-block-line-1" data-ds--code--row="">export HTTP_PROXY=<a href="http://your-proxy:port" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">http://your-proxy:port</a> </span><span data-testid="renderer-code-block-line-2" data-ds--code--row="">export HTTPS_PROXY=<a href="http://your-proxy:port" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">http://your-proxy:port</a> </span><span data-testid="renderer-code-block-line-3" data-ds--code--row="">export NO_PROXY=localhost,127.0.0.1</span>
If your proxy requires authentication, include your credentials in the URL (if allowed by your IT policy).
If issues persist, please share the specific error messages or check the CLI logs for more details.
Let me know if this helps!
I'll definitely be passing on this feedback to the product team!
Kindest regards,
Jovana
@Jovana Dunisijevic
Thanks for getting back to me!!
I've updated our variables to use as suggested and I can connect to our Jira and run commands all okay.
With Rovo I can Auth and get a green tick for that, but when I try and run any commands in Rovo Dev I just get the little animation circle icon which does not provide any output and our Usage does not change.So there is something that appears to not be going through our Proxy. Would be good to know the endpoint acli is sending traffic to so can make sure it's not being blocked by our Proxy.
Cheers
Andy.
I would 2nd this capability, often (larger) clients would want the option to filter, control, monitor the traffic being passed from Rovo (chat, CLI etc.) to the LLM provider.
Hey @Andrew McMorris !
I am glad the Auth is working now but not happy to hear about the proxy still giving you a hard time!
I found the key endpoints that Rovo Dev CLI (acli) communicates with, which may need to be whitelisted in your proxy to ensure full functionality:
Primary API Gateway:Rovo Dev CLI sends requests through Atlassian’s AI Gateway, typically via the devai-axis proxy service. The main endpoint patterns are:
devai-axis
<span data-testid="renderer-code-block-line-1" data-ds--code--row="">/api/public/v1/proxy/ai/v1/google/v1/publishers/{publisher}/models/{model}@{YYYYMMDD}:{action}</span>
<span data-testid="renderer-code-block-line-2" data-ds--code--row="">/api/public/v1/proxy/ai/v1/openai/{endpoint}</span>
<span data-testid="renderer-code-block-line-3" data-ds--code--row="">/api/public/v1/proxy/ai/v1/bedrock/model/{model}/{action}</span>
<span data-testid="renderer-code-block-line-4" data-ds--code--row="">/api/public/v1/credits/check</span>
These are all routed through Atlassian’s cloud infrastructure, so you’ll want to ensure your proxy allows outbound HTTPS traffic to Atlassian’s domains, especially:
*.atlassian.com
*.atlassian.net
ai-gateway.prod-east.atl-paas.net (and similar Atlassian AI infrastructure domains)
ai-gateway.prod-east.atl-paas.net
Authentication and Product APIs:For authentication and integration with Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket, the CLI may also need access to:
api.atlassian.com
id.atlassian.com
Your specific Atlassian Cloud site (e.g., your-site.atlassian.net)
your-site.atlassian.net
Share these endpoint patterns and domains with your IT/network team to ensure they are not blocked by your proxy. If you need more granular details or run into further issues, please let us know and we can help investigate specific network requests.
Let me know if you need a more detailed list or have a specific error message to troubleshoot!
I really hope this helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.