My team and I recently upgraded to Enterprise Licensing for Jira and were delighted to discover the new Site Optimiser. It's an extremely useful wee tool already, but I'm already starting a bit of a mental list of some of the things I'm hoping might come through in the future. So I thought I'd start a bit of a conversation to see if I can put some of these ideas forward and see what others might be thinking about as well!
Here's my little wish-list:
1) Ownership associated with Suspended or Deactivated Accounts
The bigger your userbase is, the easier it is to lose track of when users leave. I would love to be able to find out where Dashboards, Automation owners and other listed people who "Own" something in Jira have left the tool so the ownership can be reassigned. I can see the beginnings of this in the 'project role permissions', but would love to extend it.
Additional wish to this would be an alert that could be sent out so we can catch those instances while its still fresh in people's minds.
2) Unused or broken Dashboards
Our organisation has never restricted the ability to create dashboards for reporting and its created a bit of a monster! We have thousands of dashboards that we have no idea if they have been used/viewed recently, whether the underlying filters are broken (from Clean-up of Projects/Tickets etc). I would love options to remove some of those unused dashboards!
3) Limited Automation functionality
Clean-up is one of those functions that can fall by the wayside when you're a busy admin team. While sure aspects of Cleaning-up should always have a person making decisions to ensure mistakes aren't made, wouldn't it be awesome if we could build in some simple notification or change automations (preferably for changes that can be reversed if required)?
Those are a few of my initial thoughts—now I’d love to hear yours! What’s on your wish list for Site Optimizer?