Hey guys,
So we have a working Jira 4.1.2 installation that we're looking to upgrade to 5.2, and also move to run on a Linux server.
Basically I've spent the past 24 hours reading so many different install/upgrade/upgrade manually/migrate/version-specific-upgrade-notes documents that they're coming out of my ears, and I've lost track somewhat of what the proper series of steps I'm supposed to take is.
We have regular backups of our current Jira mySQL database, as well as the attachments folder.
My understanding is that I can install Jira on the Linux server (either 4.4 or another 4.1 to be safe maybe, not sure on this) and point this installation to a backup of our existing db and a copy of our home directory. Then from there just follow the standard upgrade procedure up to 5.2.
Sounds simple enough when you say it like that, but I would really appreciate some clarity and maybe a simple list of steps to follow if that's possible.
(This is all being done on a test server for now, of course.)