I would like to add Issue Status and Issue Resolution to email subject line in Jira, but I don't know how to do it. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
There is more information about that at
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customising+Email+Content
$issue.statusObject.name
$issue.resolutionObject.name
could be used in the velocity template to get the names of the status and resolution
it works! thanks!
On the similar lines can we add 'Affects version' ? How do I do that?
The above link is broken Please post a detailed updated answer. Thanks
So just sharing information on how to add Issue status to the email subject lines in Jira. This information was gathered for JIRA 7.0.10, so not sure about other versions. A couple of things that I learned:
Here are the changes I made to the vm files in the <JIRA install>/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/subject/ directory:
Before:
($issue.key) $issue.summary
After:
($issue.key) $issue.getStatusObject().getNameTranslation($i18n): $issue.summary
This will cause your subject line to look like this:
[JIRA] (CAT-2862) New: Test 28 *** this is for a new ticket being created
or
[JIRA] (CAT-2862) Open: Test 28 *** this is for a ticket that is having it status changed to Open
[JIRA] (CAT-2862) Closed: Test 28 *** this is for a ticket that is having it status changed to Closed
and so on.
I hope this helps!
It is not working for version 3.3 with editing the template (subject line).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.