The documentation is full of self referential loops that don't seem to say exactly what a "Workflow Scheme" is. I have the same problem with "Issue Type Scheme". Please will someone show me an example of a "Workflow Scheme" and an example of an "Issue Type Scheme"?
Can't show you a real one from our system as they're company confidential, but a Workflow Scheme is what determines which workflow to use for a given Project/Issuetype combination.
Hope this helps
Oh, and a Issue Type Scheme quite simply defines which Issuetypes are applicable/available on one or more Projects.
What is the difference between "applicable" and "available"?When is an IssueType "available" and when is it "not available?"
When is an IssueType "applicable" and when is it "not applicable?"
Are you using the term "Bug" as an example of an issue type?
Hi,
Sorry for being unclear, English isn't my first language.
I used available and applicable alternately, but I meant one and the same thing - applicable. (But by being applicable - or maybe even better 'applied' - to a Project, Issue Types become available in dropdowns, etc. I hope I didn't obfuscate matters more.)
You apply a number of Issue Types to a Project via the Issue Type Scheme. The Issue Type Scheme is used so you can apply the same list of Issue Types to multiple Projects in case you have many Projects with the same set of Issue Types. (Phew! )
And yes, I meant for 'Bug' to be an example of an Issue Type in my text.
Chapter 3 of "Practical JIRA Administration" (O'Reilly) describes each of the Seven Schemes of JIRA, including Workflow Schemes. Google will show the O'Reilly site, Amazon, Google Book and various unauthorized copies.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.